Saf is a lifelong storyteller with her camera glued to her hand. Born in the US and raised in the NZ, she’s got a lust for travel, and a penchant for never using the same surname twice. Rumour has it she never sleeps, and rarely leaves Twitter.
A narrative designer, writer, podcaster, and a photographer, Saf often speaks about diversity, video games, Star Wars, and chronic/mental illnesses. She is a founding member and the current Chair of the IGDA NZ chapter. Her passion for supporting communities and diversity within them fuels her.
As a podcasting addict, she can be currently found on:
- Blaster Canon, a Den of Geek podcast about the Star Wars Expanded Universe;
- Rogue Podron, in which three newbies and one veteran read the old X-wing novels;
- Western Reaches, an all-lady podcast about books, games, and everything else the hosts are into;
- Of Dice and Droids (mercenary group), a Star Wars RPG campaign.
- Queerly Represent Me: ‘Book’ Club, a book club style podcast where two hosts are joined by a guest to talk about the chosen game of the month with a queer POV.
- The Intergalactic Express, a Not Saf For Work podcast about writing, creativity, and the nerdy things three nerdy writers love.
She is also the director of Not Saf For Work podcasts, a network dedicated to diverse voices and eclectic content.
She was previously on:
- Now, This is Podcasting!, a humorous, spoilery Star Wars news podcast;
- Ace Space, a podcast about being ace and loving space;
- The ForceCast.
As someone with Fibromyalgia, ADHD, and depression, she is a vocal supporter of and advocate for awareness for invisible illnesses, neurological disorders, and disability.
To help keep Saf going as a creator, you can support her on Patreon.